March 5, 2023 - 6 min
Preparing for meditation is just as important as the meditation itself. Please take the time to set yourself up for success by following the checklist below.
- Prepare your space. Make a beautiful spot for yourself- this may mean lighting a candle or adjusting your lighting. Allow it to be a space you are excited to spend time in.
- Prepare your body. Use the washroom and drink a small glass of water. Make any adjustments you may need with clothing or hair.
- Remove distractions. Ask yourself what has distracted me in the past from focusing in a meditation and do your best to eliminate those things before you start this time.
- Release tension. Sometimes I need to stretch a little prior to finding stillness. Or for you perhaps it is writing a few things down to get them out of your mind. Take this time to create space.
- Set your seat. Some students prefer kneeling on a block or stool. Others enjoy sitting on a blanket or cushion. Ensure your hips are elevated from your knees and your spine is in a neutral position to support your posture.
- Gather your intentions. Remember where you are and why you are here.
- Fully commit to your practice and decide to sit through until the end.
March 5 All day
Ready to get started?
Live classes are included in your monthly movement calendar. Join a supportive and consistent community. Fresh yoga delivered to you daily.